Bit & Bridle Fitting
We now offer complete packages that include bit and bridle assessments as well as saddle fitting. Most horse owners spend thousands of dollars on a saddle, have it fitted properly, but only a few dollars on the horse’s bit. Moreover, they very rarely have it checked, nor the fit of the bridle. Both bridle and bit should be fitted correctly to your horse’s mouth and tongue shape. Bits should be attached to the bridle bit right way up (yes that matters too!), and also be suitable for what you want to do or achieve with your horse.
We are an official Sprenger test center. A selection of Sprenger and Bomber bits will be available for demo and test ride purposes. A bit in the correct size may be ordered through us if the most suitable size is not on hand. A selection of Passier bridles, including anatomically shaped snaffle bridles and weymouth bits are available.
ONLINE Bit Consultation$100.
- Please provide us with the history of the horse, what bits have worked and which ones haven’t and what the issues are.
- We evaluate your bit in terms of materials used, length and thickness via photos and/or videos.
- We suggest several bits which can be sent on trial for 3 weeks (from the day they were received). This will give you enough time to try various bits to make sure they are working for you and your horse. Different bits can be sent if needed.
- Shipping will be via USPS and will be at the expense of the client (both ways); $15 for 1 bit, $20 for up to 4.
- Provide photos of the bit in your horses mouth ahead of the consultation. Click here for samples of photos we will will need from you
- Email photos to email@example.com
Bit & Bridle Fitting$100.
- We review your horse’s lips, bars, interdental space and palate.
- We evaluate your current bit in terms of material used, lengths, and thickness.
- We review any issues you have under saddle.
- We evaluate your bridle in regards to condition, size, positioning of buckles and brow band.
- We check pressure points, especially nosebands and flash attachments.
- We offer bitting and bridle options. Often times your own bridle fits quite well and only needs a different brow band, noseband or cheek piece. We have a large selection of bridle parts.
- Try before you buy! We leave you a variety of bits to try for 3 weeks and you can exchange them for different ones if needed. We want to make sure that you and your horse are happy with the new bits without having to spend money on another bit which is not working.
- Takes about 1 hour.
Bit, Bridle & Saddle Fitting Package $180.
- Saddle fitting evaluation as descried above.
- Bit and bridle evaluation and fitting as described above.
- Takes about 2 hrs.
For two years, Ziggy was struggling with sever back pain as we were preparing to go to Rolex, our first four star event. With the help of the amazing Brita Rizzi, I switched Ziggy to a new dressage and jump saddle. Within days, the back pain was GONE. He started moving better than he ever had and became happy in his work. We put a lot of miles on our horses to get them to the top and the most important thing we can do for them is make them comfortable!— Rachel Jurgens and Ziggy, Southern Pines, NC